2008年12月2日火曜日

SHEEP in New Zealand!!


SHEEP
I searched about sheep in New Zealand. When it comes to New Zealand, maybe you guess sheep. I think sheep is a one of the most famous things in New Zealand. There are 4 million and 2 hundred thousand people in New Zealand. But there are 34 million sheep there. The number of sheep is 8 times as many as that of population. There are 11 thousand sheep in Japan, so you think that there are so many sheep in New Zealand. But in 1982, there were 2.8 times as many sheep as them at present. A lot of sheep were disappeared in the last 30 years. Because of environment deterioration and expansion of agriculture and dairy, 4 million and 3 hundred thousand sheep decreased last year. This survey was reported by an association named Meat and Wool New Zealand. That is a big problem for New Zealand.

2 件のコメント:

Hil-y さんのコメント...

I like your picture! I was surprised that there are eight times as many sheep as population in NZ. But the number of the sheep has been decreasing. I think this is a big problem for NZ.

†゜*:mifo:*゜† さんのコメント...

I was surprised that there are more sheep than population in New Zealand, and it is famous for sheep. I don't image that situation, so I want to go there.